Just two more days to go!! It’s time to take the last pictures and post your mini collection on Instagram!
Our last interview is with last mini collection winner Colinde also known as @belle_evie_handmade
Are you taking part in this mini collection giveaway?
- Yes, I am!
How do you plan your next collection?
- I don’t really plan it. I’m just looking for my favorite fabrics and trying to match them into a set.
Who is it for?
- My kids (a girl named Evie, she’s 4 years old. And a boy named Jens, he’s almost 2 years old)
Which colour theme are you choosing?
- Toffee and blush pink
What is your favourite colour this autumn?
- That’s a difficult one. I really love the warm colors, but shades of blue also look really cute on both my kids.
What is your favourite activity on a grey autumn day?
- Sewing of course! What else?!
Let us know which one is your favourite fabric from Elvelyckan Design´s autumn collection?
I really love the penguins!
Can you tell us a bit more about how to plan a mini collection in general?
- Most of the time it’s a creative process, without planning too much. I usually start with picking my favorite fabrics. Then I choose what types of garment I would like to make out of them. I like to make a collection which consists of several complete outfits.
How to choose and combine fabrics and patterns? Sometimes a big selection of fabrics and patterns can feel overwhelming.
- Making sets is really helpful in this one. Luckily Elvelyckan Design has multiple designs with the same background colour. That’s really helpful for making matching pieces. Also you can play with different textures.
Do you have any tips for mini collection beginners?
- Planning I guess haha! But that doesn’t work for me personally. That gets in the way of my creative process too much. Another tip will be: make sets, like a whole outfit.
Have you ever sewn a whole collection for yourself? Or would you like to do this in the future?
- No, I haven’t. And I don’t think I will in the near future. I really like to use my time by making my kids clothes.
Do you have any tips on how to photograph a collection?
- Be creative! I think detailed pictures are really nice. I built up some tension by not showing everything at the same time.